According to the Law on Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless People, citizens of foreign countries are legally entitled to stay in the territory of Ukraine for the duration of the visa or during the period established by national legislation or international treaties.
A temporary residence permit is an official document that allows a foreigner or a stateless person to stay temporarily in Ukraine. It is a way for such a person to legally reside in the territory of Ukraine. A temporary residence permit is issued for a period of 12 months or for the period of work in Ukraine, specified in the permit.
The recipient of a temporary residence permit is a foreigner or a stateless person who has reached the age of 16 and who has arrived in Ukraine.
According to the Law of Ukraine “On the Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless People”, a temporary residence permit is issued to foreigners or stateless persons on the following grounds:
- for employment;
- to participate in the implementation of international technical assistance projects;
- for the preaching of religious doctrines, the observance of religious ordinances, or other canonical activities at the invitation of religious organizations;
- to participate in the activities of branches, offices, representative offices and other structural units of public (non-governmental) organizations of foreign countries;
- to work in representative offices of foreign entities in Ukraine and to work in branches or representative offices of foreign banks;
- to carry out cultural, scientific, educational activities or to participate in international and regional volunteer programs.
There is a certain procedure for applying for a temporary residence permit for foreigners or stateless persons. The greatest attention should be paid to the preparation and collection of the package of documents.
The list of documents, which is obligatory to submit in the authorities of the State Migration Service of Ukraine includes:
- the grounds of the issue;
- the passport document, which will be returned, and a copy of it;
- translation into the Ukrainian language of the passport document page of the foreigner or the document certifying the stateless person with personal data, certified in accordance with the procedure established by law;
- Type D visa (unless otherwise provided by law or international treaties)
- medical insurance policy;
- 4 photos;
- the requesting document of the receiving party;
- identification number.
In addition to the package of documents, you must apply to the local authorities of the State Migration Service of Ukraine
The costs of temporary residence permit services include:
- state duty payment
- payment of the administrative services costs.
- to pay an administrative fee for issuing or exchanging a temporary residence permit.
It is known from the practice that the procedure for issuing a temporary residence permit is very often accompanied by a situation when the SMS of Ukraine can request an additional list of documents. This is especially true for foreigners who plan to open and develop business in Ukraine. These difficulties are not to be afraid of, but they can be avoided. Such entrepreneurs can benefit from our consulting and outsourcing assistance. We can assist in the preparation and collection of all the necessary documents, the completion of the necessary applications, we will consult in all practical aspects not only for obtaining a residence permit or work permits for foreigners in Ukraine, but will also help to register a business in Ukraine and maintain accounting and tax records. More details about the terms of cooperation or consultation can be obtained from our specialists on the given in the contact form phone numbers.
In our practice, we often meet the foreigners who have already registered or are just planning to register their business in Ukraine. In addition to the procedures for registering a business and its accounting and legal support, our company assists foreigners in obtaining a temporary residence permit in Ukraine. As, unfortunately, this procedure is not unified for all foreigners (or stateless persons).